Energy Assessment – Architecture/Engineering Professional Associate
Nova is seeking experienced architectural and engineering professionals to conduct Energy Efficiency field assessments as Independent Contractors. Interested candidates must have recent experience working in the Energy Consulting field. Selected candidates will have the technical responsibility of completing the following components of project assignments:
|Energy Efficiency Field Assessments|
|Site Visit – including site walk, interviews, and photographs|
|Document Review (as available)|
|Writing Report Text|
|Writing Report Appendices (photo log, figures, cost tables, etc.)|
Primary responsibilities will be to perform Energy Efficiency Field Assessments/Energy Audits in accordance with ASHRAE and Federal standards, as well as local, state, and federal regulations.
- 5+ years of experience completing and/or managing PCNAs, PCAs, and/or engineering/architecture consulting (i.e. Construction Loan Monitoring/Seismic Risk Assessments
- College degree in engineering or architecture or hold a current energy auditing certification such as the AEE Certified Energy Auditor, Certified Energy Manager, or BPI Analyst or Multifamily Analyst
- Knowledge of building components, systems and cost estimating
- Strong technical writing skills and attention to detail
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and proficient computer skills
- Ability to physically navigate site properties, including the ability to climb a ladder and gain access to roofs
- Personal equipment including digital camera, cell phone, computer, Microsoft Office software, ladder, and various tools needed for access
- Current professional licensure/registration preferred
- Knowledge of HUD and/or other government-related scopes of work (i.e. Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac) preferred
- Nova requests all candidates comply with a formal vetting process including questionnaires, a photo summary, and interviews before onboarding
- Applicants must be authorized to legally work in the United States
- Physical Demands: Ability to physically navigate site properties in various weather conditions; ability to climb a ladder to gain roof access; must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- The ability and willingness to travel will affect the amount of work that Nova is able to offer the Energy Specialist Professional Associates
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.