Environmental Compliance Specialist – Chaska, MN
Nova is currently seeking candidates for an Environmental Compliance Specialist to work in our Chaska, MN office within our Environmental Compliance Group. Nova’s environmental compliance professionals have the opportunity to conduct a wide range of environmental compliance tasks in multiple jurisdictions across the U.S. including travel to perform facility inspections and field services. This is a tremendous opportunity to broaden your regulatory, compliance, and on-site experience as you grow your career with Nova.
As an Environmental Compliance Specialist at Nova, you will have the opportunity to provide services in multiple areas including Air, Stormwater, Wastewater, RCRA, State Regulated Waste, EPCRA, SPCC, FRP and Compliance Auditing along with other related services areas. The preferred candidate will have proven regulatory knowledge and experience in one or more of the listed areas. In addition, the position provides the opportunity to work in other services areas and groups at Nova, including the environmental investigation and remediation service line.
Primary responsibilities will be to ensure clients maintain compliance with local, state and federal environmental requirements. Assignments will range from small compliance support tasks to comprehensive ongoing environmental compliance management efforts. Evaluate and deliver compliant environmental services under applicable local, State and Federal agency regulations nationwide.
- Conduct reviews and audits to evaluate compliance with local, state and federal environmental requirements;
- Conduct regulatory applicability evaluations and determinations;
- Evaluate operations, gather data and complete permit applications;
- Develop and assist with implementation of appropriate plans and procedures (SPCC, SWPPP, Emergency Contingency Plans, FRP, etc.);
- Assist in development of compliance demonstrations procedures and recordkeeping methods;
- Conduct environmental training services/webinars;
- Complete periodic and/or annual compliance reporting requirements;
- Efficiently coordinate and communicate services, options and results with clients in a wide range of industries.
- 2 to 5 years of environmental compliance experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental science, or related discipline;
- Solid knowledge of U.S. and State environmental regulations in one or more of the listed areas;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines;
- Ability to develop and manage project scope, cost and deliverables;
- Strong technical writing and regulatory interpretation skills
- Strong attention to detail, excellent critical thinking skills and a high degree of accuracy;
- A high level of integrity and ability to take full ownership of assigned responsibilities;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Current, valid state driver’s license with satisfactory driving record;
- Annual medical monitoring required, and;
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- EIT, PE or CHMM or other professional certification
- 40-Hour HAZWOPER certification
- Experience in investigation and remediation services
- AutoCAD experience
- Air dispersion modeling software experience
- Client, project and account management experience
Nova offers competitive compensation and benefit programs. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for participating in the bonus incentive program, as well as benefits coverage. You will be eligible for paid time off, paid company holidays, and flexible work schedules, including work from home options. We are committed to supporting your professional development through career ladders, training programs, tuition assistance, and professional association events. Nova Consulting Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.