Architecture/Engineering Professional Associate
Nova is seeking experienced Independent Contractors to conduct Property Condition Assessments (PCAs). Interested candidates must have recent experience working in the Environmental Consulting field. Selected candidates will have the technical responsibility of completing the following components of project assignments:
|Document Review (as available)|
|Report Appendices (photo log, figures, cost tables, etc.)|
Primary responsibilities of engineers/architects will be to perform Property Condition Assessments (PCAs) as well as Project Capital Needs Assessments (PCNAs) in accordance with ASTM standards, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae requirements, and the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) standards.
- At least 5 years of experience completing and/or managing PCNAs, PCAs, and/or engineering/architecture consulting (i.e. Construction Loan Monitoring)
- College degree in engineering and/or architecture or formal PCA training or construction background with at least 5-10 years’ experience conducting PCAs
- Knowledge of building components, systems and cost estimating
- Strong technical writing skills and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and proficient computer skills
- Experience with HUD and/or other government-related scopes of work (i.e. Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac) preferred
- Ability to physically navigate site properties, including the ability to climb a ladder and gain access to roofs
- Personal equipment including digital camera, cell phone, computer, Microsoft Office software, ladder, and various tools needed for access
- Current professional licensure/registration preferred
- Current Asbestos Building Inspector Certification preferred (and required for Freddie Mac scope assignments)
- The ability and willingness to travel will affect the amount of work Nova schedulers are able to offer.
- Nova requests all candidates comply with a formal vetting process including questionnaires, a photo summary, and interviews before onboarding.
- Applicants must be authorized to legally work in the United States
- Physical Demands: Ability to physically navigate site properties in various weather conditions; ability to climb a ladder to gain roof access; must be able to lift 25 lbs.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.